One of the most recognizable packages you see throughout Tulsa is from Amazon, the global leader in online shopping. One of the biggest reasons Amazon has this position is its delivery service, which can bring packages right up to your door within hours of ordering. And in order to do that, this means there’s plenty of vans and van on the road delivering these packages. Unfortunately, this scenario also means accidents.
At Ylla Gosney Attorneys at Law, we’re committed to helping accident victims in cases involving Amazon vehicles. Our Tulsa truck accident lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning there are no upfront costs for our services. We’re skilled at securing compensation for our clients and are well-prepared to take on Amazon’s resources. Contact us for a free consultation to learn more.
What to Do After a Tulsa Amazon Delivery Van Accident
Being in an accident with an Amazon delivery van comes with its own set of challenges. Since many of these vehicles are not owned directly by Amazon and the drivers are often independent contractors, it can be tricky to determine liability for insurance purposes. This complexity affects the compensation you may receive.
This means that Amazon is not directly responsible for accidents involving their delivery vans, and you can’t sue Amazon itself. However, you can still seek compensation because Amazon requires its drivers to have liability insurance, known as Amazon Flex Insurance coverage. This plan offers up to $1 million in liability coverage for accidents caused by their drivers, covering injuries and damages to you, your passengers, and other drivers.
Regardless, you should treat these accidents the same as you would any other car accident in terms of what you need to do in the aftermath:
- Medical attention – Right after the accident, even if you feel fine, it’s important to immediately seek medical attention. Paramedics at the scene can evaluate your condition. Some injuries may not show symptoms right away, and timely medical attention is crucial. Avoid giving insurance companies a reason to doubt your injuries.
- Report the accident – Your first action should be to call the police. They will arrive at the scene, perform necessary tasks, and provide essential documentation for your potential claim.
- Collect evidence – In addition to the police’s documentation, if possible, take your own photos and videos of the accident scene. These visual records will help demonstrate the damage to your vehicle and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers.
Every accident is unique, but there are common issues to be aware of when pursuing a claim against an Amazon delivery van accident:
- Statute of limitations – In Oklahoma, you have a two-year window from the accident date to file a lawsuit in a car accident case.
- Early settlement offers – Insurance companies often push for quick settlements. If you accept a low settlement, you won’t be able to ask for more compensation later.
- Unexpected costs – Accidents involving large vehicles like big rigs or vans can result in severe injuries and ongoing treatment, leading to additional expenses beyond immediate medical and car repair costs.
Adding to the complexity of these issues is the fact that many Amazon van drivers are not subject to the same federal and state regulations concerning service hours, fatigue, and, in some cases, holding a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). In practical terms, this lack of regulation means that these drivers are not held to the same standards as typical truck drivers, resulting in inexperience and more severe injuries when accidents happen.
Claims Process in a Tulsa Amazon Van Accident
Despite the somewhat unique nature of an Amazon van accident, Oklahoma law is straightforward when it comes to holding those responsible for causing injury-related accidents accountable. You, as the victim, have the legal right to file a damages claim against the responsible party, regardless of who they are.
Dealing with such claims in the context of an Amazon van accident can be complex and challenging. However, our experienced team will be there to guide you through the entire process.
In general, there are two primary ways for filing an injury:
- An insurance claim
- Filing a lawsuit in court
Both options provide you with the opportunity to seek compensation for various damages, which may cover:
- Medical expenses, including ongoing care
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, if the van driver’s behavior is deemed especially reckless.
Filing a claim enables you to protect your rights and potentially receive full and fair compensation for the various damages you’ve suffered. That said, the ultimate outcome depends on the specifics of your accident and how effectively your claim is presented. With our team of experienced van accident lawyers, we take on this responsibility to make sure you receive the compensation you’re rightfully entitled to under the law.
How Can Our Team Help You After a Tulsa Amazon Van Accident?
Going up against someone or even Amazon in a claim can be challenging, especially if you’re injured. That’s where our team can be vital. Your best opportunity lies in partnering with our team. Using our experience and expertise, we’ve developed a proven system for success in handling claims against Amazon and their delivery van drivers and companies. Here’s a brief overview of how we can help you with such claims:
- Investigation – We gather evidence, interview witnesses, and reconstruct the accident to establish liability.
- Assessing your damages – We evaluate your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses to determine your claim’s worth.
- Negotiation – A crucial role we play is communicating with Amazon’s insurance company to ensure you’re treated fairly during settlement talks.
- Protecting your claim – Throughout the claims process, we work tirelessly to protect your rights, making sure you receive the result you rightfully deserve.
- Legal guidance – We take care of all legal paperwork, deadlines, and court procedures on your behalf.
- Maximizing your results – Most importantly, our experience is dedicated to pursuing the highest possible compensation, considering both immediate and future damages.
- Reducing stress – In addition to compensation, our firm offers assistance and support, allowing you to concentrate on your recovery while we manage the responsibilities of your claim. With a demonstrated history of getting results, we ensure you can handle the financial, emotional, and physical challenges resulting from an Amazon van accident.
Working with our team of experienced lawyers can significantly improve your chances of securing fair compensation for your injuries and damages in an accident involving an Amazon van driver. There’s no requirement in Oklahoma that says you need a lawyer to represent you, but when you’re seriously injured, you’re going to need a great deal of help.
Causes and Injuries in Tulsa Amazon Van Accidents
An Amazon van that’s fully loaded with packages isn’t the easiest vehicle to maneuver, particularly in Tulsa’s more crowded areas or when there’s bad weather. That said, there’s a number of different causes of Amazon van accidents, each of which can result in injuries to you or anyone else you’re with:
- Crowded locations
- Overloaded vehicles
- Driver fatigue
- Distractions while driving
- Aggressive driving
- Unqualified or inexperienced drivers
- Inadequate maintenance or faulty equipment
- Vehicle structure
- Poorly maintained roads
Not surprisingly, Amazon van accidents often cause serious injuries that require specialized, ongoing medical care. Typical injuries in these accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Knee injuries
- Cuts and bruises
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Contact Ylla Gosney Attorneys at Law After a Tulsa Amazon Van Accident
At Ylla Gosney Attorneys at Law, we understand that after an Amazon van accident, your top priority is your physical and emotional recovery. Our team of experienced and committed Tulsa truck accident lawyers is here to offer the help and support you need. We’ll stand up for your rights in dealing with Amazon and guide you through the entire process. If you’re ready to begin your journey towards recovery, please contact us for a free consultation today.