Personal Injury Lawyers
We help victims and their families demand full support from negligent parties and their insurance companies.
We want our clients to be able to pay their hospital bills and rebuild their lives. Our skilled Tulsa personal injury lawyers provide free case consultations to all victims.
Contact us today to make sure you understand what your case is worth before insurance adjusters tell you otherwise.
When Do I Need a Lawyer After a Tulsa Personal Injury Accident?
If you suffer a serious injury, like a bone fracture or a Traumatic Brain Injury, in an accident that was caused by someone else, you should speak to a Tulsa attorney. If your accident only involves minor injuries or property damage, you can probably handle the case yourself with success.
But when the cost of hospital care begins to rise, insurance companies and corporate lawyers turn to tactics meant to limit the compensation you receive. Your lawyer would protect you when insurance adjusters tried to downplay your injury and offer you less support than you’ll need.
You should also call a lawyer at the first indication that an insurance company is trying to blame you for an accident you didn’t cause.
Tulsa Personal Injury Hazards
Getting out and about in Tulsa can leave us at risk of so many different kinds of personal injury hazards. A distracted driver on Tisdale Parkway can fail to look up from a cellphone screen to notice a light changing red. That driver might ram your car from behind to cause serious neck and leg injuries.
Any public place you go, like a grocery store or a restaurant, may have obstacles that make each step a dangerous adventure. There may be a fountain drink spilled across the tile that’s sat there for 20 minutes. Instead of cleaning it up, owners and operators left it in place until you could come along to slip causing you to break a wrist as you reached out to catch yourself.
In each case, a motorist, or an owner or operator can be held liable for their lack of care shown towards other drivers or for their customers. The insurance companies representing these careless parties are in place to help victims, but often, they focus on trying to keep financial support out of the hands of injured victims. Your Tulsa personal injury lawyer is your safeguard against these tactics. Your lawyer fights to make sure you receive the most compensation possible for every hardship you and your family have endured.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Help Tulsa Clients Win
These are just a few of the types of personal injury cases we help our clients win:
What is My Tulsa Personal Injury Case Worth?
It’s very hard to assign a cash value to your personal injury case without knowing the details of your case. Every case is different. Every injury is different. The amount of time it takes for victims to heal from their injuries will play a big role in the amount they may see on a settlement check. Yet, every person heals differently.
Your Tulsa Personal Injury Lawyer will listen to you during your consultation and then set out to fully investigate your case and the at-fault party. It’s the only way to get a clear picture of the level of compensation you should expect and demand.
These and other factors will all help determine the size of your settlement or judgment awarded in court:
- Totals for current medical bills and those expected in the future.
- Estimates on the lifelong support needed for victims left with permanent physical disabilities.
- The level of support appropriate for the physical pain victims are forced to endure.
- The level of support deemed appropriate for the emotional trauma victims are forced to cope with.
- Totals on the travel expenses victims must pay while they are off their feet but still required to go to doctor’s appointments and consultations with surgeons.
- Totals on lost paychecks and benefits victims lose while down and unable to work.
- In the case of wrongful death, totals on funeral bills and medical bills left behind by the victim. The lost weekly income the family could no longer count on from the deceased in the future would also add to any wrongful death award.
- The negotiating skills of your attorney. There’s no set amount for any personal injury award, so that means having an experienced personal injury lawyer with strong negotiating skills might make a difference of thousands of dollars in your settlement totals. A lawyer who builds a strong case and backs it with evidence will be in a position of power to demand more for a client. Insurance companies sometimes go further to keep victims with lawyers happy so they don’t risk being dragged into court.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I wait to file a claim after a Tulsa accident?
Two years. Oklahoma allows a statute of limitations of two years for victims to file injury claims. You should act well before this deadline. Evidence and witnesses are easier to track down in the early going.
Who can file a Wrongful Death Claim After a Tragic Tulsa Accident?
The personal representative of the deceased, usually named in a will, would file a wrongful death claim. The deceased’s close relatives like a spouse or children, and sometimes the victim’s parents would be represented in this claim. A wrongful death lawyer would help make sure clients received what was fair when assets were divided.
What if I can’t afford to pay a Tulsa personal injury lawyer?
You won’t need any upfront money to hire Ylla | Gosney Attorneys At Law. We don’t accept payment unless we win your case. Then our fee comes out of the settlement you receive. We also can adjust our fees to make sure you keep what you need to rebuild your life.